• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Moving the rear axle back

CW

NAXJA Forum User
Ok, I need to move my rear axle back 2-3" to center it in my wheel wells after my trimming. What has a main leaf that I could swap in that is either slightly longer or has the hole drilled a little farther back. I can deal with a longer leaf with a shackle ( I really need a longer leaf to make up for the arch in my mixed packs anyway)
-TIA

I used some late model Ford Ranger leafs, they moved my axle back around 2 - 3 inches (I still haven't figure it out). They are about 4" longer then stock though so they gave my 6" rusty's leafs a better shackle angle. You might want to check them out. Also I think Toyota leafs would work. Here is a pic

shackleangle.jpg

Those are Chevy drop shackles so they are a little long.

RE antiwrap perches will give you close to 2" I think. THey are predrilled to locate the axle either forward or back from the center.

You will get a few inches by just redilling the spring pad and U bolt plate further forward, ( which moves the axle back ).

Back