• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bumpsteer issue?

j16099

NAXJA Forum User
I've got a DW that is gonna kill me! I installed a new steering stabilizer a few months ago, because the old one had gone bad. Since then, I've installed a 3'' Rough Country Lift. The wobble isn't just at 45-55mph....it occurs even at 40 mph, depending on the bump I hit. The steering stabilizer isn't leaking any oil, so I assume that it is still good. I'm running 275's still. Is this JUST a trac bar issue...or is there more? I can get rid of the wobble if I catch it early by slipping my Jeep in 4wd. Any suggestions as to what it is, and where to buy the parts would be appreciated. Thanks!

Jeffrey

Do a search on Death Wobble as it comes up frequently here. I think you're going to hear "get it aligned", "check the bushings" and "balance your tires" more than a few times, and those seem to work.

Since you didn't mention an alignment or alignment specs, can we assume you haven't done this?

Get a wheel alignment. Know your specs.

I haven't gotten an alignment. It's a 2000 Jeep Cherokee with 118,000 on it. I drive the thing a lot! I guess it's way past due, but I didn't think the alignment would cause the wobble?

j16099 said:
I haven't gotten an alignment. It's a 2000 Jeep Cherokee with 118,000 on it. I drive the thing a lot! I guess it's way past due, but I didn't think the alignment would cause the wobble?

118,000 or 10 doesn't mean a thing when you just slapped on a 3" lift which hanges both toe and castor.

I take it when you're saying " know my specs" you're referring to the toe-in, castor/camber? I scheduled an appointment for tommorrow to get it done.

Back