• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

things to do to prepare for lift

MCD

NAXJA Forum User
i have been spaying kroil on all the peices that i think i may need to unbolt. other than that anything else i need to do? i will be getting the rusty's 4.5 lif with aal in the mail soon, or so i hope, and i want to get it on asap. then ill order some wheels and get tires. i just want to know if there are any tricks to make the install as painless as possible.

MCD said:
i have been spaying kroil on all the peices that i think i may need to unbolt. other than that anything else i need to do? i will be getting the rusty's 4.5 lif with aal in the mail soon, or so i hope, and i want to get it on asap. then ill order some wheels and get tires. i just want to know if there are any tricks to make the install as painless as possible.

Spray that rust stuff on things that are anywhere near the lift stuff you *think* you may need. Add a can of anti-seize to the list too for assembly :D
Check your jackstands, been some safety issues lately with them giving way.

1. Buy tires and wheels before you install the lift.

2. Keep an extra $100 handy for alighnment, extra tools, etc.

3. take your time after the install and check all bolts.

4. gears?

i have some good jack stands and some anti seeze

1. i want to get on the lift so i can determine the tire and a wheel combo.

2. i have all the tool i could possibly need (fully stocked shop on the farm)

3. i will

4. those are in the works with a locker for the rear mabe front to

what lube do i need for the bushings and such on the control arms, maybe lithium greese?

My RE lift was missing most of the nuts and bolts. You should probably check into local automotive fastener places, their hours, etc.

Plan on some of the the upper bolts for the rear shocks breaking. Search these formums for tips on how to deal with it and have what you need ready. Do not attempt to use an easy-out on the broken bolts or your day will go from bad to worse.

Having a few extra jack-stands around is helpful too.

-Brian

all I can say is shop towels, towels and more towels. You can use them for grease, dirt, oil, and blood...

-Red

Get a good source of heat ready!!!

Get some more heat ready, and while your at it get your torch ready.

I took the upper rear shock bolts right out, after heating the heck out of them. Not a problem.

Spring compressor, and a bunch of C-clamps made it alot eaiser. I put my Rusty's AAL on with the main leaf still on the truck.

BTW, Napa has the correct U-bolts in their catalog. 1/2 x 2 7/8 x 7 will work just fine.

Back