• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trim for the Gutter?

Hiaboo

NAXJA Forum User
Is there an replacement for the plastic trim on the gutter near the roof? becuase mine got ripped off in the wash. (thats why I never go through but I was in a bit of an hurry) I'm going to check the wash tomorrow and see if they have it but if not, I'd like to get an replacement. But I'm not sure if it's possible from the dealer or I'll have to go to the junkyard?

pic for ID'ng purposes..

aa.JPG

Just check with the dealer, I am amazed how much stuff is still available and priced resonably. My 88 XJ was in an accident a year ago, it was cheaper to get a new quarter panel and new rocker panel than to get used ones from the junk yard.

I have a 88 XJ and was suprised how must stuff is still available. I got new roof roack gaskets to isntall after it came out of the body shop along with door handles, and ALL the name plates; therefore, getting the trim for the gutter should also be available.

I have shinny trim on my gutters, not black like yours even though my XJ is Sterling. Mine is metal, I did not know they came in plastic. You may be surprised at how low the price is. I'd say it less thatn $30 and prob less than $20 if i was to guess. I paid less than $35 for new exterior door handles last fall.

does the plastic trim came with 97 and up? I don't have mine either... I guess I don't need them unless they need protection. hmmm :dunno:

I believe it's aluminum and it's not cheap. I think the dealer quoted me around $25 a side. I found some decent ones at a wrecking yard. Don't forget the clips that hold them on. Oh yeah, mine was torn off at a carwash too...I went back to get it and it was in the shape of an isosceles triangle. :roll: and once they're bent, they're useless....p.s. FYI newer body style does have them.

Last edited:
Yeah.. I went back to the wash.. sigh.. it was something like this: aoshdfowqefohfe.. oh well... I'll ask the dealer when I take it in for other stuff.

Back