• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Colorado and Rubicon Trip

Kaczman

Lurker
NAXJA Member
I already posted this in the Rubicon forum, but I don't know if anyone is looking into both trips....

Are any of you guys planning on running both the Colorado and Cali trips? I have vacation planned for mid-August and I'm trying to see if it is possible to run both events. It appears the Colorado trip ends the same day the Rubicon trip begins, and I'd like to see if there is a good meeting place for the late arrivals. I guess I "could" leave CO early if nothing else works out.

Thanks,
-Jon Kaczmarski

Jon,

I'd probably plan on leaving CO a day early, I will adjust the BV portion of the schedule to fit your plans so you can run the trails you want to, before leaving.

Or, if you want the hardcore version, you could leave BV, run 21 Rd, then head west.

Jes will be able to give you travel time from CA to Rd 21. I am guessing about 14 hours road time.

When I did the Rubicon with the CA gang it took 16 hours of driving to get to S Lake tahoe from Ft Collins, but I used I-80 and was towing behind the Landy.

Don't change the trip schedule to suit me. My folks live in BV, so I can run the trails any time. The Cali boys are running Fordyce on the 14th, so I may end up leaving CO a couple days early.

I may end up taking 2 days to make the drive. It's about 3.5 hours from BV to Grand Junction. I'll have to see how the schedule works out, but worst case is I'd drive the 18 hours in one day.

There are so many good trails to run in the 2 trips, I don't see being able to run them all. I just need to figure out which ones I want to hit.

Jon Kaczmarski

Back