• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Brake lines

UtXjXtream

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys im looking for some extended brake line options. I read in a post a while back that you could use TJ or YJ lines to get more play in the cherokee anyone know whats up with that?

I ordered some stainless steel braided ones from pro-comp and when I took them out of the package they were frayed at the bottom of the braided line so I have to ship them back, it will take almost 2 weeks to get new ones but I dont have the time to wait I need my jeep for work and what not ASAP.

Does anyone know of a different Vehicles stock brake lines that will work but give me more line without midifying? Im running about 8inches of lift. Any help would be appreciated thanks.

UtXjXtream

I'll forward this to mbryson, he used some Chevy truck units on is that were bolton IIRC, or you could go with the RE extended stainless units. I've run then for 4 years with no problems.

'92 IFS chev 1 ton............bolt on....... They do have a bracket that I cut off and the 'hard line' part (near the caliper-banjo fitting or whatever) is a little long, but they've worked for quite a while on my junk.

to answer the original question , stock YJ lines, front and rear are a few inches longer and can be had at your local napa or whereever you get your parts.. i am running the RE stainless lines for a year now with no issues,

mike

I can't add any more to the "what will fit thing" ...but I just installed a set of Rubicon Express lines... very high quality...and excellent customer service too.

Back