• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

question???

WHEEL'er-DLR

NAXJA Forum User
i have a '91 sport w/idiot lights for gauges. I found a wrecked '89 laredo w/ real gauges. can they be switched? has any one done this ? if so, let me know. thanks!!:cool: 2nd question, regarding additional mods. i'm currently running 31x10.5's w/ a rear d44 with fact. trac lock,4.0 HO, auto trans. and 4.5 lift. i,m about to upgrade tires.....and maybe more....{it's about the money] PLAN#1 -----simply add 32x11.5 GY mtr's or...33x12.5's. i feel if i put the 33's on i need to change gears to 4.56 right away, plus change my d30 ujoints to cpm's..or other. and add another 2 inches of lift....any opinions out there???:rolleyes:

I *think* the split from mechanical to electrical speedo was in 90. I'm pretty sure you've got an electric. If the 89 has an electric speedo, you're good. Otherwise, it's gonna be more work than I'd figure it's worth.

Don't ask me about gears, I refuse to drive an automatic. But with a stick, there ain't no question, regear!

ChiXJeff

Back