• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

3" Lift Kits under 5 bills

RedBluff

NAXJA Forum User
Which one should I get? And am I missing any other good deals?

Rusty's 3" Spring Pack Kit $418.00
Black Diamond 3" Jeep Cherokee XJ Lift Kit $375.00
RE6010 3.5" Super-Flex Kit $420.00

The Black Diamond deal looks to be a great deal for what you get but you probably can't beat the quality and completeness of the RE.
I'm leaning towards the RE.

RedBluffBoy said:

The Black Diamond deal looks to be a great deal for what you get but you probably can't beat the quality and completeness of the RE.

Re is awesome, most people in the Sierra Chaper have the 5.5" extreme duty re. I have a 5.5" ed re, but just put in 8" skyjacker coils and 2" blocks in the back for around 7.5" of lift with 35 mtr's. Rough County with add-a-leafs is around $230 with shocks from them directly, the lift is pretty stiff but you cannot beat the price and you can run 31's easily, then you could add spacers and blocks onto that lift and be around 33" tire range.

Do those prices include shocks? If so I would go for the RE. You aren't going to regret paying 50 dollars more for their product. One thing to look at is whether each kit comes with a lift block, short add-a-leaf or the long add-a-leafs. That can affect the price somewhat.

i vote for rusty's
i can't speak for the others but, rusty's kit rides better than my 56,000 mile stock springs. the only prob is the rear sits up higher than the front. if you haul alot(200+ pounds) of tools and extra parts it will sit it down. if not get a spacer for the front. also i had to do the woods shaft and sye on my '99
i also had to go with new control arms after the 2"spacerup front.
plan ahead and buy everything at once and you will probably get a deal on a complete package.
btw the kit gave me 3" up front and 4 3/4 in the rear.
the customer service rusty has is great.
but like i said in the beginning i can't speak for the others, so you may want some info on their cust. service in case you have problems.

I too second the Rusty's kit. You'll sometimes here some negative things about the Rusty's kit, but I have had no problems, and the ride is great. I also got 3" in the front and about 5" in the back. At first I was upset, but I just added a 2" spacer in the front to level it out. The way I see it, I got a 5 inch lift for $420 bucks. I have about 25,000 miles on the lift now with no sag front or back. Hope this helps

RedBluffBoy said:
Hey SteinJeep

Great advice.
To install the 5.5 you had to do the SYE and replace both the front and rear shafts, right?

Yeah, when you get over 4" or so then you need to get the SYE or a extended yoke (I think that's what it's called) from RE. The extended yoke is around $70 or so and is far less $$$ than the SYE kit, you could combine this with a drop t-case pucks to keep the price down, but the SYE is a good way to go, but is more of an investment into a vehicle and costs more. You also need upper and lower control arms as well as a longer trac bar with the 5.5" kit. The 3" is good because you don't need to mess with the control arms or the track bar, any higher and you will need these items especially because without and aftermarket trac bar your axle will not be centered in your jeep. Get the 3" if your new to the xj thing because this will enable you to get a 31x10.50 or even a 32x11.50 with a light trimming and you will be able to run the harder trails, put your money into your axles like lockers etc. A 3" lift and 31's makes a good dd and fun off-road vehicle. I have a 7-1/2 lifted xj with 35" mtrs and really only drive this thing to and from trails and it is not my dd.

RedBluffBoy said:

Dont go with a 3" lift.

Go ahead and get the 4.5" lift. You will be happy with a 3"er for about a month, or until the first XJ with 4.5" passes you and there ya go...buying more springs and spending twice the money. BEEN THERE...trust me. Go 4.5 the first time. :lecture:

The best deal of the three kits you picked has to be Rusty's, only because of the complete spring pack.

Re makes a great product......just do the full pack kit.

if it comes down to price, i would go with rustys because it comes with shocks and new springs packs. even with a 3" inch lift you should get an adjustable track bar. some have drilled a new hole in the axle mount to relocate the track bar, but i would recomend a new track bar. if you want to go higher down the road, you could put a BB on top with RE control arms.

also you wont need a new front drive shaft, but will need a new one for the rear if you need a sye.

i got my 3.5" superflex kit with new rear leafs from jeepin.com....they had the best price with shocks and free shipping.699.99..the kit gave me 4.5" front and 5 in the rear... i love it

Stick said:
Dont go with a 3" lift.

Go ahead and get the 4.5" lift. You will be happy with a 3"er for about a month, or until the first XJ with 4.5" passes you and there ya go...buying more springs and spending twice the money. BEEN THERE...trust me. Go 4.5 the first time. :lecture:

What would be the fun in that? :laugh2:

so how much was it ?... I'm guessing that he's not closed ?????

Back