• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What to use for disconnects with 8" lift?

79yj

NAXJA Forum User
I have been looking for a set of swaybar disconnects for 8" lift. The best thing I have found is RE (junk) disconnects with custom length tube in between the posts.
Any better ideas than that out there?
I drive the XJ every day to and from work and wherever I go after that.
I am very nervous about driving it without swaybars on the highway etc.
I am planning a front axle swap soon and will need something for an F-150 44
in the future months also.
Thanks, Eric

jks qdII's. just get some sway bar axle mount extensions like the ones from orgs/jks. or fab up some of your own. you could even make some simple bolt-on extensions.

Second the RE relocation kit. It also helps with the swaybar-coilspring interference that plagues some.

JKS 2nd Gen.

I made mine out of the stock links on the D30. Cut them and welded in a piece to make them the length I wanted, used a 10mm wing nut on the top and a 1/2" pin on the bottom. Cost less than $10 and were quicker to remove and replace than any of the aftermarket ones.

Whe I went to the d44, I used 1/2" female rod ends with a length of 1/2" all thread in between.

standard.jpg

Back