• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

thoughts on tire size?

Codhead

NAXJA Forum User
I just put a roughly 2inch BB on my '95. Flare to hub front is (about) 19.5, rear, 20.5. Thoughts on tire size on the stock wheels? I was thinking 30x9.5 or 31x10.5. Thanks.

Codhead said:
I just put a roughly 2inch BB on my '95. Flare to hub front is (about) 19.5, rear, 20.5. Thoughts on tire size on the stock wheels? I was thinking 30x9.5 or 31x10.5. Thanks.

30x9.5, unless you want to do trimming for 31s

dennisuello said:
30x9.5, unless you want to do trimming for 31s

You might be able to get 31x10.50x15 which is a good size tire on an xj with a small lift and is very streetable. I ran 31" goodyear gsa all-terrain tires on my 89' xj as a dd and it was great (I installed the rough country 3" with add-a-leafs). Remember that most tires are true to their stated size. If I were spending $ on tires and didn't want to lift alot I'd get 31's & add longer bumpstops with slight trimming. 31x10.50x15 with stock control arms will rub the arms when making tight turns, but it is not a serious concern.

Steinjeep - Did you have a significant rubbing problem off-road under compression or at full lock with the 31's?

Codhead said:
Steinjeep - Did you have a significant rubbing problem off-road under compression or at full lock with the 31's?

No, I only noticed rubbing when I made a tight turn and had to crack my steering wheel all the way, then my tire would rub the lower control arm. This was noticable but didn't cause any damage. I now have a 91' cherokee with 35" mtr's & 8" of RE lift with 8" skyjacker coils & 2" blocks added to the 5.5 extreme duty kit.

Back