• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1/4 elip. 4 link, long arms..done ,pics.....

Looks good! Cant wait to see it on the trail.

AARON

Beej said:
That's a thing of beauty.
What did you build your leafpacks out of? Anymore pics of the leaf packs?
used the stock MJ leafs. Cut them used the small eye on the frame end and the large eye on the axle/shakle end, shoved the all in a piece of box tubing, drilled and intslled a center pin. Screw paying Blue torch fab, or Avalanche close to $400 for a set....

strokedwoody said:
Hate to post a link to Creepsunlimited, but I can't figure out how to post pics here. [/url]

It's ok we forgive you but its quite easy to do. Nice setup by the way! When posting there is a little landscape image right next to a world link image. Click the landscape image then put the hypertext to the image inthe box that it opens. You have to have the images on a site though!

mad maXJ said:
NICE

i'm planning on doing this to my MJ one day, so a few questions:

whatcha doin for gas? fuel cell?
why not put a pivot or heim on the shackles so it doesn't twist your leaves?
plastic fuel cell from summit racing(seen way to many aluminum ones crack on trail trucks)
the pivot was discussed and is a great idea,but I couldn't help but wonder if the slight binding in the leaves wouldn't help to act somewhat like a sway bar in certain situations..or that could just be the beer talking. We just used bushings in the homemade shackels that seem to work well, wrangler spring bushings fit nicely inside 1.20 wall 1.5" tubing so we used them. I'm hoping the remote reservoir shocks and limiting straps will help eliminate the need to run something like an Antirock bar, but we'll see.

strokedwoody said:
plastic fuel cell from summit racing(seen way to many aluminum ones crack on trail trucks)
the pivot was discussed and is a great idea,but I couldn't help but wonder if the slight binding in the leaves wouldn't help to act somewhat like a sway bar in certain situations..or that could just be the beer talking. We just used bushings in the homemade shackels that seem to work well, wrangler spring bushings fit nicely inside 1.20 wall 1.5" tubing so we used them. I'm hoping the remote reservoir shocks and limiting straps will help eliminate the need to run something like an Antirock bar, but we'll see.

Few years back we put one of those plastic fuel cells in a CJ. There should be a giant chunk of foam inside the cell to keep the fuel from sloshing around. Take it out, asap, the foam began to deteriorate and clugged up the fuel lines.

freaking sweet my friend. what size tires are those? helps me get a idea on the size. the arms are sweet. you said they are 38" long right? what motor and tranny you going to run? and what joints are you using onthe arms and where you get them??

thanks
again looks sweet

Bentonedge said:
freaking sweet my friend. what size tires are those? helps me get a idea on the size. the arms are sweet. you said they are 38" long right? what motor and tranny you going to run? and what joints are you using onthe arms and where you get them??

thanks
again looks sweet
those are 38's, I have a new set of 38.5x14.50 TSLsx's to go on it(east coast here,TSL's rule the trails). The motor tranny etc. is in already, it's a 4.7 stroker I build a few months ago for my cherokee/AW4/np231. I used RE sphereical joints and their threaded spuds(I'm an RE dealer so I can get all the pretty cool stuff) welded them into the 1 3/4" DOM links, the lower links have 1 1/2" welded seam tubing shoved inside the DOM for a little extra dent and bending protection. Myself and my buddy that helped me are quite proud of the links and I painted them like RE arms just to represent them a little.

Is that a shaved 9"? Got one laying around in the 4.10 flavor cheap?

looks good greg! now get that thing done so we can go and test it out!

mad maXJ said:
sorry if i missed it, but what's the wheelbase at? did you start with a shortbed or long-bed?

my short-bed is at 116 now (113 stock) and I think for my 35s 106-108 would be perfect, with 38s, 113 sounds perfect.
after studying lots of rock buggys I went with a 107" wheelbase, was trying to stay between 105 and 110" when we started it just sorta ended up at 107" which I'm happy about. I was trying to keep it as low as possible so I figured to keep a good breakover angle I would shorten the shortbed wheelbase. I'm going to run 38.5 tsl sx's.

Back