• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Alternative Lift Height measurements???

Garthbmn7

NAXJA Member #524
I have installed several different pieces from several lift kits to get where I am at. In addition I have cut my fenders to get more room. Are there any other measurements out there to figure out my height? Other than the center of hub to stock fender flare? Anyone with a stock XJ ever measured center of hub to bottom of rear windows or anything like that?
98 4 door
Thanks all

mine has the fenders hacked, Waggy D44 front axle, front suspension hacked off... there is no longer any "normal" place to measure.

what i have done before is to measure from ground to center of my hub, then ground to bottom of the "frame" rail just behind the LCA, then subtract to get the difference. then i go out into the college parking lot and find a stock XJ and do the same.

i haven't done this since my latest suspension changes, I decided it really doesn't matter. just make sure you have enough room for your tires and as much room as you feel necessary to not drag all over everything, then call it good.

The only reason I ask is people keep asking me how much lift I have! Guys come up to me in the parking lot and say coool. Hate not being able to give an honest answer. Also my club had a fun day the other day and we were supposed to say how much lift we had and I had to say 4.5 I guess.
Thanks

Thanks Chuck. I searched the other night and couldn't find this thread. Thought maybe it had been deleted. I had remembered seeing it not sure why it wasn't showing when I looked though.

Back