• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

price on lunchbox lockers

xjhm

NAXJA Forum User
how much did you guys pay for your lunchbox locker?
and where did you get them from, or who has the lowest price?
i plan on buying one in a couple of weeks and i am not commited to any one brand as i have heard great things on all...

just a note. i put a quickloc in my d44. about 240 bucks at 4 wheel parts whearhouse i think. i put it in to give me some time to save up for some arb's. i had it in about 2 months. works very well in the dirt (i had 31" tires at the time) but it was just stinky on the street. it would chirp the tires around almost every corner. drove me crazy and the safety guy at work was always yelling at me to slow down!! most of the other units appear to be much quieter as far as i can tell. also in order to install it i had to pull out the whole carrier and remove the ring gear to pull out the pin (stock dana 3:55 gears at the time) . i would have to have ground off about 1/4 to 1/3 of the teeth to clear the gear otherwise. other than that it went in pretty easy. still have it sitting in my garage with hardly any miles on it.

I have an auburn high performance lsd and new 4:11's going in next tuesday on my 98 8.25, complete job $550. Front new carrier and 4:11's, $200-240... but no TD up front. I'm still looking for gears but hope to resolve that issue by fri or sat othewise I'll be leaving the 3:07's in there for now...

xjhm said:
how much did you guys pay for your lunchbox locker?
and where did you get them from, or who has the lowest price?
i plan on buying one in a couple of weeks and i am not commited to any one brand as i have heard great things on all...
Depends on which one you buy. Quick-Loks, EZ Lockers, Lock-Rights and Aussie Lockers are all going for around $250 most places. I recommend that you also buy a hardened cross shaft if you buy one of these lockers. The No-Slip runs from $350-$400 and it comes with a hardened cross shaft. Where to buy also depends on which one you choose. They are pretty close in price. I bought my Lock-Right from Randy's Ring and Pinion. I bought my No-Slip from Rusty's Offroad.

i have a lockright in my Toyota 8" rear, it might as well be an ARB as far as I'm concerned. In the last 2 weeks of having it in, most of which is around town driving with lots of turning, it has never locked up when I didn't want it too, and it has never not locked when I did want it too.

I depends on you axel of course. I have an 8.25 Chrysler 27 spline and it cost me 291.00. From Rocky Road Outfitters.

In case anyones interested I have a d44 lockright already installed in in a carrier that I pulled from the front of my 77 F250 when I replaced it with a PG Power-Lok this past winter (was tired of destroying ujoints & Dana inner shafts when plowing snow) Will sell for $100 + shipping for carrier and lockright (no gears, had 4.09's)
Mike B.

1986xj said:
In case anyones interested I have a d44 lockright already installed in in a carrier that I pulled from the front of my 77 F250 when I replaced it with a PG Power-Lok this past winter (was tired of destroying ujoints & Dana inner shafts when plowing snow) Will sell for $100 + shipping for carrier and lockright (no gears, had 4.09's)
Mike B.

I'm interested, let me check my account and I will get back to you before Monday. Do you take Paypal?

xman said:
Yep,

No-Slip all the way.
Yup... another vote for a no slip!! I picked up mine used from someone that went up to a detroit and I have to say that I can't complain at all about it! ALthough on the other hand I'm planning to get a detroit for my D44.

151.00 on ebay...will be installing mon. or tues..... .oh yea... dana 35....

Back