• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

warn warning

aspera

NAXJA Forum User
I ordered a Warn winch bumper directly from http://www.gowarn.com/ on April 13th. I thought that I'd share some info that you guys might find useful.

"This product is currently in production. There were some quality issues with the final powder coating phase that have been resolved by WARN and the product is being finished. The anticipated shipping date on this order is 5/31."

So if all goes well...I should have it by Christmas! W00T! :looney:

Beezil said:
never believe an "anticipated ship date".
Ain't that the truth.

And How!

So in other words, they're tellin ya they are looking at 100 racks full of rusty old bumpers to coat and guess what, you ain't on rack 1!

I'd ask for mine shipped raw ;) & see what they say?

Must just be the XJ models, got the TJ models with no problems...next day actually on the first front one. Been considering that too. I have no plans on a winch but would like a better snazzier front one. Got another one coming in a few days and will be doing some holding up in front of the XJ and then pulling my XJ's front to see if there is a way to mount it provided the width looks good. It is a good looking bumper. BTW, when I was at quadratec a few weeks ago they told me the same thing only for the TJ's. The guy who gets em for the shop I use must be a nitewatchman at warn or something :D

Yeah, the anticipated ship date was the day after I ordered it as far as I was concerned. That was MY anticipated ship date. Warn has other ideas.

I just kinda wanted to rant and give you guys some info that I didn't get before I commited my order. I mean, I went through the whole process of picking out what bumper I wanted to order...picking out who I wanted to order it from...checking out the cost, tax, and shipping. After all of that, I place a several hundred dollar charge on my credit card.

Weeks go by yet, no bumper. They never let me know the product was backordered or out of stock. I had to email them and ask about it. I expected them to tell me that the product had been shipped, but no tracking was available on products shipped by truck. Boy, was I surprised!

The kicker is that (I think) internet orders cannot be cancelled. I'm locked in.

aspera said:
The kicker is that (I think) internet orders cannot be cancelled. I'm locked in.

Not true if you ordered by credit card. If the vendor gives you the gears about cancelling call your credit card company and cancel the order.

r@m

aspera said:
but no tracking was available on products shipped by truck. .

Why is there no tracking info for truck shipments? The freight company would attach a pro number to the freight and to the bill of lading when they picked it up. You get that number and call the truck company, and the can tell you the last time the freight was moved.

Root Moose said:
Not true if you ordered by credit card. If the vendor gives you the gears about cancelling call your credit card company and cancel the order.

r@m
"Canceling an Order
Q: Can I cancel an order?

A: We use an automated order entry system. For us to provide you with the best possible service, most orders ship within hours from the time you placed your order. For this reason we can not, and do not, accept order cancellations."

:flamemad: MOST ORDERS SHIP WITHIN HOURS! HA!

w_howey said:
Why is there no tracking info for truck shipments? The freight company would attach a pro number to the freight and to the bill of lading when they picked it up. You get that number and call the truck company, and the can tell you the last time the freight was moved.

"Items too large for UPS will be shipped via Truck Freight. Tracking information is currently not available on Truck Freight items."

Isn't almost everything that Warn makes too big for UPS shipping? :roflmao:

This is the latest reply:

"I understand your frustration. Unfortunately WARN does not contact us when things like this happen so we do not know that the order has not shipped until the customer calls looking for his order. An anticipated shipping date is what WARN tells us they are shooting for. This date is flexible and the product could ship sooner."

I'm only a little bit frustrated. Mostly, I'm disappointed. I've spent thousands of dollars ordering parts over the internet, and have only had a few problems like this. I've got enough experience blowing money on car parts :doh: to know when something is shaping up to be a bad experience.

Sometimes I expect delays, like when I ordered Prodrive edition Sparco seats. They are made in Italy, and were made over the winter holiday. Expect delays.:)

Other websites let you know if parts are in stock and ready to ship BEFORE you order them. Still, others let you know if there has been a delay. Warn should do the same.

aspera said:
"Canceling an Order
Q: Can I cancel an order?

A: We use an automated order entry system. For us to provide you with the best possible service, most orders ship within hours from the time you placed your order. For this reason we can not, and do not, accept order cancellations."

:flamemad: MOST ORDERS SHIP WITHIN HOURS! HA!

Call Warn and find out if it shipped. Ask them to cancel. If it hasn't shipped and they won't cancel...

Call your credit card company and tell them what has happened. Your order will be "cancelled" as quickly as Warn's "automated order system" once the person on the other end at the CC company hits the submit button.

But don't take my word for it - CALL THEM! :)

Edit: I should add - if your CC company does a "stop payment" on the order your order will be cancelled.

r@m

...but then I don't get the bumper. I'll just wait...and keep posting updates on here until it arrives. I'd guess that quite a few potential Warn customers will find this thread.:)

I went through a similer with a atv parts suplier when i raced, I order the part and they said it was in stock ready to go, a week went by still no part(normal 2 day shiping at the worst) so i call them "ohh it back order but should be here in a couple days" :sure: A month went by and still no parts and they wouldn't refund my money so i called my credit card and they took care off it very quick. I guess you dead set on the warn bumper if not look elsewhere.

Holy smackers, that go warn is expensive. They want $60 more for a TJ bumper PLUS shipping than I paid for the first one from a local 4x4 shop... with NO shipping. I paid $200 + PA tax or $207 and had it next day..

I got it today. The trucking company called every day since the 11th (I think). I was on vacation, and didn't expect it until may 31st.

Back