• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tow hook bracket compatability

I'm pretty sure they will. my 98 brackets that I got from the dealer had a 92-98 range on the directions so I'm assuming that the 2K did not change the frame any.

Beachmonkey6 said:
well im about to get a pair of tow hook brackets off a '97 xj. And i have a '90. Will these fit on my jeep?
Im pretty sure they will. 100% bolt on but u might need to cut the plastic trim below ur bumper.

mwm said:
Im pretty sure they will. 100% bolt on but u might need to cut the plastic trim below ur bumper.
Yeah Im pretty sure thats the only problem. My buddy has a 90 and I have a 98 and the bolt pattern looks to be the same. I have C4x4 hooks and brackets and they are said to fit from 84-01.

Thats good to know... ill soon have hooks then. When i cut the plastic air dam below my bumper... should i just cut where the hooks are goin? Or should I just take the whole thing off?

I just cut the whole thing off on mine. This is the only pic I can find uploaded right now:
3Kline008.jpg

The actual tow hook brackets (#9) are exactly the same for all years. (Mounting holes + spacing) You should have gotten 3 pieces for each side, the big bracket and 2 smaller reinforcement brackets (#15 and the one in the 2nd pic). You really need all 3 of them and can still order the smaller ones from the dealer. The difference between the 1984-1996 and the 1997-2001 brackets is the bracket that holds the stock bumper. Some or most XJ's have the bumper bracket welded to the tow hook bracket. Just cut of the bumper bracket off with a air powered cut-off tool or grind it off with an angle grinder. Then you can re-use your original bumper brackets with the new tow hook brackets.
standard.jpg

standard.jpg

Back