• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

33s fit fine!

BillR

Toy Jeep driver!
After looking at the large amount of tire clearance I have and not being real happy with my freeway RPMs, I headed down to our friendly Discount Tire today for a set of 33x12.50s. The manager I was dealing with INSISTED that 33s would NOT fit my rig. "I had a Jeep with more lift than that, and 33s rubbed!" :bs:
After I repeatadly told him that with nearly 6" of lift they'd fit fine, he agreed to mount one "just to show me". :lecture: He was QUITE suprised to see that they indeed fit fine. :laugh:
The result is a new set of BFG TA/KO 33s that DON'T rub! (full-turns, stuffs OK in front) I'll need to bumpstop the rear a little until I feel like trimming, but the result is worth it. I didn't notice much power loss compared to the 32s I had on there, and I'm still running the 4:11s.
I like 'em! :yelclap:

If we all only had a dollar for every time somebody told us they had a jeep like ours or knew somebody that had one. Congrats on the upgrade. 4X4XFAR

yeah, there is always one of "Those guys".

so where's the pic? :eyes:
i'm going to switch my 32's out this weekend as well, keeping my fingers crossed the 33's will fit, well at least till i get home and beat on the fenders alittle......

yeah, some local discount tire guy told asked me why i wanted 33's and not 35's? he said he had the same jeep as me but with week axles (d30, d35), and furthered to tell me that he wheels hard with 35's all the time, and has never broke anything! he also told me that he ran stock gears, and everything was fine driving on the street!

brandon
PS, oh yeah, he also claimed he was locked up f/r... this guys full of shit! i'll take my business else where

jeepguy97 said:
Heaven forbid anyone post a pic anywhere but in the pic forum. Look at what happened the other day. :cry:
LOL! :laugh:
I'll get some new ones taken this weekend sometime... :wave:

Mingez said:
yeah, there is always one of "Those guys".

I had one of "thoes guys" tell me that I needed a new front axle (housing and all) because he herd it click and bang when I turned into a parking space. I told him it was my lockrite locker but he still insisted it was broken :twak: I am glad he doesnt work on my Jeep:)

AARON

BillR said:
After looking at the large amount of tire clearance I have and not being real happy with my freeway RPMs, I headed down to our friendly Discount Tire today for a set of 33x12.50s. The manager I was dealing with INSISTED that 33s would NOT fit my rig. "I had a Jeep with more lift than that, and 33s rubbed!" :bs:
After I repeatadly told him that with nearly 6" of lift they'd fit fine, he agreed to mount one "just to show me". :lecture: He was QUITE suprised to see that they indeed fit fine. :laugh:
The result is a new set of BFG TA/KO 33s that DON'T rub! (full-turns, stuffs OK in front) I'll need to bumpstop the rear a little until I feel like trimming, but the result is worth it. I didn't notice much power loss compared to the 32s I had on there, and I'm still running the 4:11s.
I like 'em! :yelclap:

You din't like the highway rpms with the 4.11's and 32's?? I don't mind them at 4.11 and 31's!!
In any case, I know what you mean about the fit thing and tire places. From one perspective I understand them not wanting to sell you too big of a tire so that you don't come back to them when something rips off, but on the other hand seeing some of the things they let out on the street I wonder why do they even say anything when we roll up in our jeeps :D

BillR said:
LOL! :laugh:
I'll get some new ones taken this weekend sometime... :wave:

Not without some major bumpstops and fender trimmimg,you know how long I've tried to clear 10.5's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BillR said:

:laugh: :laugh:

OWENED!!!!11

:D

Gotta love it when that happens. :D :cheers:

Back