• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Best Way to Wire a Winch?

verrive

NAXJA Forum User
Hey,
After this weekend I was found it'd be in someone's best interest to hook up a winch elsewhere than the side terminals. How is the simplest, least expensive and best way to wire it up? As of the moment I have my car set up to run of the posts and the winch is wired with the wire with holes on either end. I also have a battery with just working posts, to make it work would it be needed to buy a battery with both posts and side terminals?

Thanks,
Kevin

verrive said:
Hey,
After this weekend I was found it'd be in someone's best interest to hook up a winch elsewhere than the side terminals. How is the simplest, least expensive and best way to wire it up? As of the moment I have my car set up to run of the posts and the winch is wired with the wire with holes on either end. I also have a battery with just working posts, to make it work would it be needed to buy a battery with both posts and side terminals?

Thanks,
Kevin

Use military terminals. They have one nut/bolt for clamping the terminal on the battery post and a separate nut/bolt for all wires. that way you can add or change accesories without bothering the post connection. You can even use a wingnut if you need quick change access.

My battery has two sets of full size top posts (and one set of side posts)

NAPA Exide Orbital Select. $100 approx.

Back