• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Revolvers yes or no?

upandovr

NAXJA Forum User
I can buy a set cheap but I believe they will be shorter than my rubicon express shackles and are they worth $75 bucks? What are the disadvantages?

definitely buy em and if you dont like em you can resell them for more than that. sold mine for $130 on ebay

I don't have any first hand experiance with them but I've heard from several people that they unload on ledges-waterfalls.

I won a set in a raffle, & ran em for 2/3 season: Sold them in VGC for $75.

I can't recommend them... Mine never did 'unload' really violently during hillclimbs, but just knowing that they could made me much less confident. (I've enough issues on my junk to fret over without adding another thing to babysit)

IIRC they were good for approx 5/8" lift over stock XJ shackles, but that will depend alot on where your spring eye sits.

My vote: save the $75 or invest some into tuning the leafpacks for better function if they aren't doing what you'd like.

Back