• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Noise while driving

juicexj24

NAXJA Forum User
Just started to get a noise when the jeep is moving. Don't know if it's the brakes rubbing up front or something else. It seems to be coming from the left side, kind of a low level grind/rubbing noise. Could it be the brakes or a bad u-joint. I'm going to check it out later but wanted to know if anyone had any ideas before I go out like a chicken with my head cut off looking at everything. Juice

Hub/bearing

Good call Eagle, Didn't even think about that one. Well would seem to be the time to replace them. 4 years ago was the last time. Thanks Juice

Found the problem. The CV centering kit on the front driveshaft was dry as a bone and sqeaking like crazy. But I need to go get a needle attachment for the grease gun and if that doesn't do the trick and new CV centering kit. Just a heads up if anyone gets a sqeaking grinding noise from under your seat drivers seat front area, it's a nice place to check. Juice

Back