• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NGK spark plug part # please

CaptTrev

NAXJA Forum User
hey guys

ive searched and searched--trying to figure out which new spark plugs to throw in my 96 4.0 HO.

I think my 4 year old bosch +4's are starting to go....

(i have a remote start installed in my jeep and the past few days the pre-programmed few-second crank, hasn't been enough to start the engine. and the temp outside has been relatively warm right now (mid 50s)
even in the winter down to like 20 degrees, it would still start)

im pretty sure it isnt any other ign. problem, because a year ago i replaced cap and rotor and wires with high quality components, but ive left those same old +4 plugs in)

so, should i try out the NGK's?

if so, a part # would be great.

thanks

CaptTrev

Last edited:
There have been plenty of discussions about sparks plugs on here, do a search, but I seem to recall people were not happy with the bosch +4 plugs.

I think most of the posts say to use the stock plug. I picked up six at my dealer, I think they were around $2.50 each. There were the champion copper plugs.

Why not stick in the stock plugs. I like how my XJ runs with dealer cap, rotor, wires and plugs. I use to have jacobs wires and one of their "coils". I believe my XJ is much more reliable with stock components.

Back