• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Biggest mud tire on a stocker, 10.5 wide?

PlainWhiteXJ

NAXJA Forum User
My new acquisition in badly in need of rubber. I am looking for inputs on what fits and what hits and what people have run and liked. I know it's been discussed before, but can't find much on it.

I'm looking for a pretty open mud tire for some highway, some mud and snow, and lots of logging trails and forest service roads.

What brands of tire are available near the upper end of what fits. Most I have found are not offered in 235/75-15, 29 x 9.50, or 30 x 9.50.

Does a 30 x 10.50 fit? What hits first? If it did, that would get me into the new swamper.

I want to stay mostly stock for now height wise, but if I can't find a good enough tire, I might be willing to trim/add a leaf/shackle (greasable?)/fender flare/coil spacer to go up a little more, as long as I do not get into steering/driveline/brake line mods. Any suggestions on the 'easy way' to do this?

Back