• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

leredo door trim

You have to remove the arm rest, 2 screws. Then remove the chrome trim arounf the door handle. It's held on with 3 screw, one behind the handle and 2 on the switch panel. Then, work the chrome trim off the black handle part(hard to discribe, but you will figure it out). Then the door panel can be pryed off. It is held on with plastic push clips that look like Christmas trees. Carefully pry with a screw driver behind each clip and the panel will come loose.

if your talking about the peice on the outside, which i thin you are, it should be glued on. if there were screws i think you would be able to see them.
let me know how it works out.
good luck.

The trim ... rubberized molding on the outside is the held on with double-sided adhesive tape ... bitch to get off. Took me a month using a heat gun and lots of gas to soften the adhesive. The color-coded pressure sensitive sticker or label that's also stuck on the lower body-side section ... runs under that rubber stuff and flairs ... is also a bitch to get off ... using the same method described above.

Good luck.

wow lucky me my two front peices on my front two doors just feel off with the heat hear in New Mexico.
i lost on o don't know where and the other i have, i want to put them back on or make new ones in my fab class. hey good luck.

When I took mine off I just the goo off stuff and the side of my thumb, came off in a few hours, my thumb was shot but got all the glue off. Kind of a pita for sure if it's not at least somewhat hot out. I was in side in the winter before painting it to save some money on prep work doing myself. Juice

the goo comes off with acetone and some rubbing. since i was going to paint there anyway, i used a spray on paint remover and wiped it off real quick - worked like a charm... used a hairdryer for the pinstriping...what a pain....

Back