• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Disconnected battery now check engine light

jkkj

NAXJA Forum User
I disconnected the battery to do some welding, and left the battery unhooked for a couple days. Now I have a check engine light. Is this normal? If not can anyone point me in the right direction to run the codes myself?

jkkj said:
I disconnected the battery to do some welding, and left the battery unhooked for a couple days. Now I have a check engine light. Is this normal? If not can anyone point me in the right direction to run the codes myself?

What year? through 1995 you cycle your ignition key ON, OFF, ON, OFF, ON and then watch the check engine light blink. Count the blinks in the first sequence , and then the second. It will make a number like 24. First sequence of blinks would be 2, and the second 4.

There are posts for codes here somewhere. If you have a later model with an OBD II system you'll have to get a code reader/scanner to find out whats wrong.

Thanks guys.
I have a 98 so it is an OBD II system, I'll bet it was just the battery after about 25 minutes and 3 or 4 starts it went off.

Back