• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

fender trimming

BPB

NAXJA Forum User
Tomarrow my xj is going under the knife!!!!! I just removed the fenders tonight, after I talked to a guy that has an awsome xj, now i need to get rid of the bolt holes. Is there any thing that I need to know? what should i watch out for?

thanks for the help,

Ben

No offense to you, but weren't you the guy who just posted wanting to know how to install a tcase drop? IMHO, I would hold off on taking a sawzall to your rig for a bit. Then again, what do I know?

:cheers: Just trimmed my son's fenders using the cut and bend method in the website. Only,we cut about an 1/8" away from the fender bend line so when it folded under the cut line would not show as bad. Lost some paint due to folding, but will touch that up with undercoating type paint. Took about an hour. Looks great-really opened up the rear fender for his 32s. For the Front we used a jigsaw with a fine tooth metal cutting blade. Lost no paint on the front fenders with the cutting. Covered with black door edge trim sillyconed on. :cool:

Back