• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

why use t case drop kit

dellstopjeep

NAXJA Forum User
so i am upgrading to the 4.5 to 5 inch lift now and i have the transfer case drop kit waiting to be dropped in. I know this is all i need since i have been at 3 inch lift for a while and no vibrations, death wobbles or such. I dont see how this thing works tho. Maybe im dumb and i have been workin on my jeep to much this weekend. But wouldnt this make the angle of the driveshaft worse??? Maybe im dumb but someone explain why i should put this in... PLEASE!!!

also if anyone knows how to put it in as im puzzled to that as well.

thanks,
eric

The drop kit actually installs at the crossmember. The term t-case drop is actually decieving since you are really dropping the tail of the tranny, taking the t-case with it...another, more accurate term is a crossmember drop. Essentially you are tilting the engine/tranny/t-case assembly towards the rear diff, which straightens out the angles a little.

As far as installing one, you're just putting spacers between the crossmember and the unibody. Support the crossmember with a floor jack, remove the bolts that hold it up and install the spacers...the kit should come with longer bolts as well.

Good Luck.

Steve

Back