• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Homemade winch bumper

jkkj

NAXJA Forum User
I am in the process of making a winch bumper and have a question. When I removed the factory bumper I found a flat plate looking at me. It had holes that my Warn m8000 bolted right to. I had not read where anyone else mentioned this. Why is that?

Before I get slaughtered I did reenforce it with 3/16. I did put supports down the outside of the unibody, and they are going to be tied together. By mounting the winch horizontally I am going to be able to have my winch in an area it won't be able to be gotten out of without unbolting and reomoving the front of the bumper. To much for a theif? I think so.

It would realy suck to be the theif that takes the bolts out of the winch to find out you still can not get it out without taking the 12 bolts out that tie the bumper to the winchplate and the tie the bumper to the frame.

Y if done right it would work great but never underestimate a thief. I made sure that my wich would be hard to take so the A$$hole broke in to my jeep and use my own tools to remove the entire bumper and kept the tools and my cds and my cb but opne the hood cut the cables and left the optima. I this sounds wierd but if your going to go through all that take the dam bat too, its sad that people are so lazy they don't want to work to earn stuff and even when they do steal they do a half a$$ job of it. if your going to do something do it right. :soapbox: ok i'm done it was over a year ago but i'm still pissed.

Back