• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

one ton needs to know this...re coils

Beezil

Member #Nay
NAXJA Member
one ton needs internet-----> cellphone help....

the loser wants to know the compressed length of a 4.5" xj front coil.....

"normal weight" xj "at rest" dimension.

the coils are 21" long out of the vehicle.

Rusty's 4.5" coils, ARB bullbar, no winch, I measured roughly 17"(it's dark and I can't find a flashlight)......

My Rusty's 4.5" springs are 16.5" at rest approx 'normal' weight.

With longer MJ bumpstops, approx 8.5" compression before rubber squishes.

14 wraps of 0.5" coil. Unknown rate.

<edit>I used a flashlight and a tape ;) These have been under 1.75" spacers their whole life (Charks old springs) Been rode hard & put up wet<edit>

Last edited:
RE, XJ 4.5" lift coils are 17.5" at rest. Or for another frame of reference, they are 1.75" shorter than RE 6" colis at rest, they are the same length out of the vehicle.
Paul

My Rusty's sprngs are 17". JIM.

Thanks folks, well except for JnJ who doesn't know what the word tech means :dunce:

Can someone measure some springs for me? Come on?!?! Weak! And for Beezilbutt to be the middle man...... :smootch: What kind of tech is that?
:peace:

Anybody have the same measurement for a 3.5" RE Coil?
hsx.gif

Thanks,
Billy

well I have the RE 3.5" superflex lift and the springs measure out at 14.5-14.75" installed with stock bumper, etc. Keep in mind that these are 3" lift springs even though they are part of a 3.5" lift (check with RE and you'll see that's true).

Back