• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How to add power locks and windows

bzdel2441

NAXJA Forum User
Does anyone have a wireing diagram on how to add power locks and windows to a 2 door XJ? I bought the factory switches, windows motor and door lock stuff. Now all I need to do is figure out how to wire this all up. Any ideas?

Thansk
Chris

bzdel2441 said:
Does anyone have a wireing diagram on how to add power locks and windows to a 2 door XJ? I bought the factory switches, windows motor and door lock stuff. Now all I need to do is figure out how to wire this all up. Any ideas?

Thansk
Chris

Well, most of the wiring should already be in place, just not used *maybe*, the door locks are no big deal, thats a straight replacement or in your case an addition, you won't have to drill out the old solenid rivets. Power windows I'm not sure about, never looked into it as PW's can be a PIA.
What I have been looking for is a pair of powered and HEATED mirrors for my 98XJ. I hate scrapring ice off them in the winter...

when i put power windows in from quadratech, it came with a wiring harness that made it very easy. a have alot of unused harnesses through out the vehicle, but there was no wiring harnesses in the doors to use. i would say you need to get factory wiring harnesses if you using factory parts.

Back