• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tsf 5/1

Erik

NAXJA Forum User
A few of us are planning to hit Tillamook SF on Sat. 5/1. It will be a mixed group with some TJ's, YJ's, XJ's, whatever. It's not a hardcore group, many of the guys are only running small lifts and LSD'd :wow: We usually run up firebreak 5, up or down Hogsback, and then Archers. If anyone would like to join us then just meet us at North Plains McDeath at 9AM (I know, I know McDeath's is evil, evil, evil, but you don't HAVE to eat there, and if we fill up the parking lot with Jeeps then fat, stupid people won't be able to park and go inside). Again you don't need a hardcore rig, but please do come with proper safety equipment: spare tire, fire exting., shovel, first aid kit, etc. You know what you should have!

Ok got the day off fo shizzle (=for sure), Will be seeing you at the McDeath. Hey check this out, the Mcdeath here got what it deserved!

Check out that sign!

BTW these are not my photos, they are stolen.
mcdonalds1.jpg

mcdonalds5.jpg

mcdonalds6.jpg

No Mcnuggets were hurt.

For anyone thinking about this, do it. TSF is a ball.

I'd like to see a NW Chapter Fall event held there (if not this year, at least next).

Wish I could make it.

Steve

Alan, I guess that you know where the North Plains McDeath is at. There's only one exit for North Plains off Hwy 26, and then it's the first left. Can't miss it! Looks like we maybe have as many as 10 rigs. That's a pretty big group for us, should be interesting :woohoo:

Nope I have no idea where North Plains is but that ok I don't get lost very easily(HA). Anyways a buddy of mine in a YJ is also gonna go to if that is cool. I am getting very antsy about going just because I have never been out there and haven't been wheeling in like TWO weeks! Are the other people going in a club with you. Most of the people I go wheeling with I grew up with so its gonna be great for us to meet other people who like wheeling to. Any really dificult trails I should know about before we go? I dont have a winch but I do have tow points. Are there Many rocks? I am going to fab up a temporary bumper if time permits tomorrow afternoon, should I also build some rock rails if I can? I have been putting them all off until my tube bender gets here because I want to build them all together, but I could trough some protection together if I have to. Thanks for your input and see you Saterday morning!

What is TSF? Where is that? I am taking the Jeep wheelin for the first time ever in its life on Saturday. A buddy of mine with his 89 Cherokee and I (and a bunch of other people with little miscellanous rigs) are going up to Tannum Creek.

You really have to look for rocks in TSF, and I'm not expecting much mud. That should keep Firebrake 5 easy. Hogsback can get really off-camber and ugly when muddy, but you can bypass that. Archers has a few waterfalls and obsticles, but all of them have bypasses. I'm not sure that I know more than two or three of the people going up, a friend of mine Paul (TJ) organized this on another site. I think it's mostly SWB Jeeps and at least one other XJ besides me. We're going to be on CH4.

Damn, if you guys get antsy after not wheeling for 2 weeks, think how I feel and I havent gotten to wheel in well over a year and a half. I'm REALLY not happy about that, but there arent really any places in Germany or Iraq to wheel. sure, we get our share of sand and whatnot, but we dont really get to drive hellbent for leather w/ our humvees. cant wait to come home to the pac NW and get some good honest fun in!

Kristen

I can't go =( just found out tonight. Sorry you were expecting me. I will try and make it next time. On the other hand we are gonna be out at Sand Lake, Sunday morning, just look for my jeep if your bored I will be cruisin the dunes with a yellow sandrail. Take care!

Back