• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

exhaust

etaniyani

NAXJA Forum User
im planning on buying a cat back and catalytic converter for my 2001 xj. i wanted borla cat back, but they said they only make it for up to 1996 cherokees. was wondering if it would still work. and if not, what are other good cat back systems. i also wanted a free flowing cat, but not sure where to go to get it, and was not sure if free flowing was legal. thanks.

The hi-flow cats are available...I guess you need to find them...but, who needs a muffler anyway? Just run you new cat and replace your muffler with an exstention pipe running from your cat to your old tail pipe. I am not kidding here...its plenty quiet enough, flows better than a muffler, wieghs less, and leaves one less item for you to crush under your Jeep.
I need to replace my cat. So, do me a favor and find us a good supply of the cats and let me know where they are!!! :dunce:
TIA Rick

if it wasnt illegal i would consider it. but it is, and its a daily driver. summit racing has a lot of cat converters. i just need to know if that particular borla exhaust would work with a 2001. if the only problem is the bending of the tubes i can figure out ways around that, maybe just buy the muffler and get someone to bend me some tubing. has anyone bought this kit or know if it would work on a 2001 xj.

Back