• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

best place to get a good exhaust manifold, not banks, borla or the cheap ebay one

rav

NAXJA Forum User
Hi Guys;
I am looking for an exhaust manifold for my 99 4.6 stroker that i am building and wanted to know, if any of you have bought an exhaust manifold, i dont want to go for the borla or banks as the guys who bought it saw no improvement in terms of gains over the stock one. I also dont wanto buy the cheap Ebay one, or the expensive dealer one.
I have heard about the dorman one, its for $190 something from rockauto.com, has anybody bought these, any info will be apprecaited.
http://www.rockauto.com/ref/RB/Detail.html?5013746_674-170kit.jpg

thanks;
ravi

Last edited:
A lot of the Dorman stuff is made in China these days. I got one of the ebay manifolds for my '87 and I'm quite happy with it thus far. I've only had it on for three months so my opinion may change as time goes by.

Pm'd ya

Who?

BingBing said:

lol i tried to pronounce that for like 30 second before i scrolled down and read your post lol

yeah WHO?

Edelbrock

rav said:
Hi Guys;
I am looking for an exhaust manifold for my 99 4.6 stroker that i am building and wanted to know, if any of you have bought an exhaust manifold, i dont want to go for the borla or banks as the guys who bought it saw no improvement in terms of gains over the stock one. I also dont wanto buy the cheap Ebay one, or the expensive dealer one.
I have heard about the dorman one, its for $190 something from rockauto.com, has anybody bought these, any info will be apprecaited.
http://www.rockauto.com/ref/RB/Detail.html?5013746_674-170kit.jpg

thanks;
ravi

I put a banks on a stock 96 4.0L and there was a noticable difference but it is stock.

JoBo

I went with the Edelbrock. It was $350 from Quadratec. Made in the US, complete with gaskets and new collector bolts. Install wasn't as bad as I thought.

Back