• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

still no luck

hauled the jeep to the local auto zone to have obdII codes scan and the scanner said there was a link error...It wouldn't read anyting from the computer. I'm completely confused and in need of more suggestions

You say the warning lights won't come on. Which ones are you referring to? Does the check engine light come on at all? If not, try disconnecting the crank sensor connector. If the sensor fails and internally shorts, it will cause the PCM to go into a protective mode where it completely shuts down. I found this out the hard way and replaced a PCM on a customer's 98. I plugged the new PCM in and had the same exact condition, once I disconnected the crank sensor, the check engine light all the gauges came on and everything else worked fine. All that was needed was the sensor itself. Also try disconnecting the cam sensor too if the crank sensor connector didn't do anything. If that isn't it, it may be your igition switch. Pull the column shroud and look for any burnt wires or anything out of the ordinary.

Bryan

Back