• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My First Flip

freewithfire

NAXJA Forum User
i just thought id share this little experience of mine, but today was my first jeep flip! The funniest part is that it wasnt even my own jeep. me and my friend decided to trade off today while off-roading and give each others rides a spin. Now, my jeep is not in the best condition right now (but when is it ever) so i told him to be nice and easy on the ol' girl, so of course he takes off gunning it! so im thinking, if thats the way your gonna play it then were gonna have some fun with this. I take off after him cruising these grassy hill trails that we wheel on, i started going way too fast, i was going about 40 mph, and like the total idiot i am was fishtailing the beast all over the place (but who doesnt like doing that). Anyway, what obviously happened was me overturning on a fishtail, hitting a rut in the trail and going flying over onto my side in a bit of a slide. thank god i was wearing my seat belt or else my weight shift would have tossed that thing onto its lip. thankfully the only damage was the tire being ripped off the rim and a huge dent in the door from the side mirror, my very understanding friend just laughed the whole thing off, and later that day, t-boned his jeep into a pole, well i thought it was freaking awesome, but never want it to happen to my jeep:)

The Biblical advice to "Do unto others as you would have others do unto you" seems particularly appropriate as a follow-up to this tale. Remind me to never allow you OR your friend within half a mile of any of my Jeeps. :)

Y'all play rough down in them parts eh?

Second Eagle's thoughts...my XJ fears me enough w/o another loony-toon behind the wheel

Seatbelts ARE good. I did a half roll way back when in a similar incident with Dad's new S10. 30 mph sideways powerslide through a 15 mph dirt-road corner = Oops :rof:

woody said:
30 mph sideways powerslide through a 15 mph dirt-road corner = Oops :rof:

Hahaha, all to true man . That is pretty much exactly what happened. As for the jeep, it was pretty interesting trying to get a two wheel drive xj with one doghnut spare on the back out of a sugar sand and mud infested trail! im guessing thats why he made me drive it back. And hey, if you want to play a little rough then dont expect a babied jeep, thats what they were made to do! or course that easier to say when its not your ride, hehe

Interesting, S-10's seem to go over real easy when you do that stuff, did it twice with mine, once by accident, second time was to prove my theory..... glad I was getting rid of that thing anyway......

pics?

My Blazer got put on it's side, but both times, it was drivable afterwards, they happened 2 months apart, I scrapped it cuz the tcase and tranny were worn out , with over 175k on it it was time, besides I got an XJ ;-)

Back