• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rubber splash guard / shield fix

xjhm

NAXJA Forum User
while installing my bumper...i decided it was time to reinstall the rubber splash guard that goes under the front of the engine...unfortunatly the rubber was torn in many places(due to impatience in removing)where the pins hold it in place on the frame...so i bought a bottle of rubber cement (the cheap $2.00 kind) and cut some half dollar sized pieces from an inner tube, cleaned the area with electra-clean, and glued a disc on each side, poked a hole through each one and reinstalled it, using new push ins from lowe's... been on a week and up to speed a few times and it is holding fine and my alternator has thanked me :)

xjhm said:
while installing my bumper...i decided it was time to reinstall the rubber splash guard that goes under the front of the engine...unfortunatly the rubber was torn in many places(due to impatience in removing)where the pins hold it in place on the frame...so i bought a bottle of rubber cement (the cheap $2.00 kind) and cut some half dollar sized pieces from an inner tube, cleaned the area with electra-clean, and glued a disc on each side, poked a hole through each one and reinstalled it, using new push ins from lowe's... been on a week and up to speed a few times and it is holding fine and my alternator has thanked me :)

You can get those push-in barbed things at Lowes?

Earnhardt Jeep In Tempe, Arizona wanted $2.00 EACH for them!

That is why I will never go there again, and I tell my friends not to, also.

:flame:

yep, they have them, in the slide out drawers in the bolt/fastener section...i think they even had the plastic re-usable pop-rivets...i don't remember the price...but i don't think it was that high...maybe 60 cents....
and yes lowes has alot of crap you can use on autos....i made my first cold air induction for a '90 mustang out of two pieces of flex. dryer duct and a air vent for a trailer a/c vent

Back