• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I know how to use the search button

Markus

NAXJA Forum User
I have been piecing together a lift for awhile and now all I need is shocks. I have tried searching a few times and i don't get to much info out of it. All I want to know is part numbers fror a few different manufactures, like OME, Rancho, Pro Comp, etc for front and rear shocks. My lift about 4 inches with 31 inch tires. This is my DD and I don't wheel too much. If you could help me out that would be great.

I wouldn't take anyone's recommendation for a particular shock part number......there are too many variables, and no way to know the standards of the one giving advice, or truly how well their particular shocks are fitting. Unless, of course, they include with their recommendation details of their own rig and type of wheeling and what length the shocks are and how they have worked out.

The most critical element of getting the correct shocks is getting them the best length for your rig. The only way to do this is to flex up your rig with all four shocks disconnected and take measurements of the compressed and extended lengths you need for both the front and the back. Then, you have to go through the shock catalogs to find the part numbers of the shocks that will be the correct length for you. Now, getting info from people around here regarding their experiences with various shock manufactures is useful, but it's always best to figure out your own length.

I've always liked my Rancho 9000's because of their adjustability. I can turn them down when empty and turn them up when loaded, turn them up if driving with no sway bar, and play with different settings and spring rates. I have no idea how they compare with other adjustable shocks. Here's a link that's been very useful when looking into Rancho shocks:

Rancho shock sizes

Back