• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Grille Interchageablilty?

xjfish

NAXJA Forum User
Do all grills from 84-96 fit all models from 84-96? In parts catalogs I see something like 84-86 87-90 91-? But they all look pretty much the same and I have heard that some can be switched but I'm not sure. Can someone tell me what fits what? Thanks.

On the grills the 84-87 has 10 openings, the 88-90 has 8 openings.

Then in 91 Chrysler redesigned the front end to make the head light bezel one piece and in corporate the horizontal bead along the top of the light and grill. It hard to explain without pictures.

I think the 84-90 XJs can use any grill from that era, but the later XJs have a different grill.

I purchased a Jeep bug deflector for an early 90s XJ and the parts guy told me I had to remove this one piece of trim and sandwich the support between the trim and the fiberglass front panel. It worked.

Martin is correct. The early 10-slot grilles will interchange with the 88-90 8-slot. 91 and up have the upper trim piece incorporated into the grille and do not interchange with the earlier years.

Back