• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

12v relay/fuse blown?

Hiaboo

NAXJA Forum User
I pluged up my cigarette lighter to use with an AC/DC converter thing and all of the sudden i got pffzt and the power stopped goin to the converter thing and the radio's backlight (really tape deck, its non OEM) went out, like the power's off. So my best guess is the 12v relay/fuse on th eleft side fuse box is blown, should I yank it and switch it out? Input would be good.

do u have a jeep electrical manual.... look and see cuz i dont know if it the relay is the problem. my turn signals stopped working so i read thru the manual and figured out it was the relay, but i dont remember it doin the stuff u mention. just my .02

Ya.. I just talked to someone from here and he said "check the owners manual" so i did.. sure enough, theres a diagram in ther eand explains whats what. and sems like I blew a 15 amp.

DO NOT go with a bigger fuze in that circuit - if you're running more than 100W or so in the inverter, you will want to "hardwire" the inverter thru a relay and a separate fuze. I used the +12VDC from the lighter hot lead to trip the relay when the key is on, and to make sure the circuits are off when the key is off. I run a bunch of auxiliary stuff, and that is how I keep the battery from being drained with the key off (it makes a nice backup to my occasional mental cramps...)

5-90

Alright, wasnt planning on it. Dunno if the inverter is good or bad, but i'll be replacing the fuse today and see what happens... Just gunna yank the 15amp and put another 15 amp in.

Back