• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

hole in the floor

juicexj24

NAXJA Forum User
I could kill the XJ right now. I just pulled up my pass side husky liner. Soaked with water on the underside. Pulled up the carpet. 1/4" pool of water on the floor. Now I just sealed it and laid down 1/2" carpet padding 4 months ago. Found the silver dollar size hole in the floor by the curve going up to the fire wall. looks like a fun sat. for me. When I was in there back in Dec. everything we so easy. no rust no holes, nothing. Now doing it over again. Just had to vent a little. Juice

Been there done that. Putting in tight fitting, Rubber Maid matts, that collect a quart of water seemed like a good idea. Trouble is, some always gets underneath and has no way to evaporate (evaporates slow in the winter anyway). Starts rot.
Sounds simple but occasionally, in the winter, I lay out a pretty thick layer of news papaer under the matts, stomping around on them sucks up an amazing amount of moisture. Take every chance, to pull the matts and leave the windows open for awhile.
After welding in new floorboards in a FSJ, after only 7-8 Years (way back when) I learned my lesson.

Back