• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

87 parts for 2000

Natural Ice

NAXJA Forum User
I saw an 87 pioneer with a 3 inch procomp lift, tow hook brackets(mopar), and a trailer hitch being parted out(bad motor/tranny). I am also in need of a wheel for my spare tire. I was wondering if any or all of the lift parts and the tow hooks would swap to a 2000.

The only part I'm not positive about would be the hitch, and I think that depends on the gas tank skid or lack thereof...shouldn't be any problem with the rest. Or can someone with a 97+ confirm a difference in the tow hook mounting? I think the mount was the same...it's a cosmetic change from what I've heard

The part of the tow hook bracket that mounts to the bumper changed in '97. You could probably modify it to make it work, but it won't fit as precisely as the proper factory part. I modified a set from my '97 to fit on my buddy's '96 and it made his bumper sit a little low. You could remove the bumper bracket that is welded to the tow hook bracket and re-use your originals as a safe bet, however.

Back