• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ford 8.8? Anyone running one?

R

rangerjoe2001

Ok i have a 2000 jeep cherokee with RE 4.5 superflex... i want to upgrade that weak dana 35 in the rear to something I can rely on.. I have found a Ford 8.8 for $250... waiting to find out gear ratio.. and plan on lockers in it...

the one i found is off an eddie bauer edition explorer.. i am yet to go see it.. should i get it? I have experienced welders to help install the brackets and all.... anyone installed one? Any problems... things i should plan on/look out for? How does it ride...?? :huh:

oh yeah i have an RE Hack and tap SYE with the cv driveshaft and all from RE

Well, there was a thread about a day ago titled something like "Anyone running a Ford 8.8?", and I know typing in "Ford 8.8" to the search will give you lots of stuff to look over. I will say that it will probably ride just like any other solid axle out there. I have no personal experience with this axle though.

Back