• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Largest elect fan for an XJ

Roxtar

NAXJA Forum User
Does anyone know what is the largest size elect fan that will fit on an XJ?(keeping the stock aux fan)

I run a flex-a-lite 110, and it is a tight fit, requiring some trimming of the upper radiator support. I kept my OEM belt driven fan, though.

CRASH

If you are going to be at the BBQ on Sat. you can ask Sean about his. He has two fans that are run by switches inside, one is the stock fan.

The flex a lite 110 is about the dimensions you want for an aux fan. See the flex a lite website for the actual dimensions. As for the go jeep article on the flex a lite 110 install, take it with a grain of salt. It's not the silver bullet solution that the article portrays it to be. The belt driven clutch fan will always pull more air than a 1250 cfm electric fan. I'm one of those people that installed it and then uninstalled it and went back to OEM clutch fan.

jeeplas said:
If you are going to be at the BBQ on Sat. you can ask Sean about his. He has two fans that are run by switches inside, one is the stock fan.

Great, I'll be there.

Planetcat said:
The flex a lite 110 is about the dimensions you want for an aux fan. See the flex a lite website for the actual dimensions. As for the go jeep article on the flex a lite 110 install, take it with a grain of salt. It's not the silver bullet solution that the article portrays it to be. The belt driven clutch fan will always pull more air than a 1250 cfm electric fan. I'm one of those people that installed it and then uninstalled it and went back to OEM clutch fan.

Exactly why I kept my motor driven fan IN ADDITION to the 110.

I still didn't cool well enough for my liking with a big winch sitting up front.

CRASH

Planetcat said:
What are you talking about :confused1
I run a 16" 2000 CFM fan and not a 110. :nono: The 110 is not up to the job at all and with that I agree with you.

Planetcat said:

I agree, 1250 cfm won't be near enough. I'm looking for at least 2000 cfm. The Perma Cool 14" HP looks perfect (2950 cfm) except for the 3-3/4" width. A little too tight I think.

I know that Perma Cool is the aux fan that Sean installed on his but I am not sure what size. He did have to cut off a stud on something to make it work.

Back