• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

D35 carrier compatability?

kelly klassen

NAXJA Forum User
Does anyone know for fact if the carriers are interchangable between C-clip and non C-clip years? I got a good deal on an EZ locker which will only work with the later carriers and I have the earlier type of D35. Can I just pop in a newer carrier and not use the clips? Thanks.
-kelly

There is a difference in the side bore of the diff cage between the models up to '94 and the later models. For a lockright or EZ locker it doesn't matter if the axles are c-clip or not. If you get the matching carrier for the EZ locker it will fit in any D35 no matter if c-clip or not.

So what I need to know is can I take a c-clip carrier and drop it into a non c-clip housing? XJoachim: Am I correct to understand that you're saying yes I can? By side bore do you mean the window where the side/spider gears go in? That's how I found out that my EZ locker wouldn't work. I couldn't get it in there! Are the D35 housings the same otherwise? Other than the outer ends of the tubes, I mean.
Thanks.
-kelly

All D35 housings are the same as long as it's about the carrier and gears. There is a difference in the tubes for the c-clip and non-c-clip axles. But all D35 accept all D35 carriers no matter what type of 35 they come from. There is no difference in a c-clip or non-c-clip carrier

Back