• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Moving axle end of LCA's up w/ Radius arms...

Safari Ary

NAXJA Forum User
I'm going with a long-arm type radius arm and I'd like to move the LCA mounts on the axle up a hair at the same time. I've been told that if you do this with the stock 4 arm setup you will experience increased brake dive which is definately something I DON'T want. However, in a radius arm setup, I can't see how brade dive would be allowed for. Am I off my rocker and just plain dumb? or will it be ok to push the mounts up(maybe an inch max)? I can also move the uppers up too if necessary. Thanks

Ary

i moved the lowers up an inch on mine (when i used to have coils and 5" lift) with the mostly stock 4-link and never experienced any additional brake dive.

there will be no problem in you doing this if everything is beefy enough. it will not change the suspension geometry at all since it's radius arms, but it will put a greater load on the arms (mostly on the upper) by reducing the verticle seperation

It will also mean that the upper arms in the radius arm setup will take up more of the binding action of the radius setup. When the axle sits more centered between the LCA and the UCA, they share the binding load. IF the lca is even with the axle tube, the bind will be transferred to the UCA, and the LCA will more or less become a pivot.

My LCA on the radius setup is moved up about an inch as well, with no trouble.

CRASH

Back