• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Stuff 2 Take

G.Q. Jeeper

NAXJA Forum User
Well I am all pumped up, so far my XJ is going to be sweet this year, I am getting the RE 3.5" SuperRide kit, new Skyjacker Hydro's all around, and a Front Stabalizer to boot, and for wheels and tires I am going with BFG MT 32" on the back rock crawler wheels. So now that I am all nice and broke, what is the most important thing(s) to take with me on a trail ride, I will be doing mostly water and mud, so what should I invest in that will make my time out there better if something happens? I know I have a sweet XJ and I cannot get stuck, but just incase I come accross some poor dude that is, what do you guys carry and what is a must??

thanks!

GQ'R!

high lift jack and accessories, get a cb, get a first aid kit, get a winch if you can afford it or don't go alone. Do you have skid plates ? atleast get the transfer case and gas tank skids taken care of. This is assuming you have proper tow points should you get stuck and someone else has to pull you out. If not add that to the list.

Got the CB, and lift, front tow hooks, and a rear trail hitch (class 3,I think?) First Aid Kit is what I can afford, and one 50 ft strap, Underneath I am totally stock city

GQ'R

Have a fire extinguisher(or two) on board at all times. Don't mount it in a place that it's hard to get to if you need it.

Jes

1. Case of oil and two filters... spill recovery mat and place to drain the oil into. wrench to drop the oil drain plug.
2. Steel cable for the high lift, if you have to winch yourself out of a spot you can't use the strap, they stretch. Comealong works too, need enough cable to get to a tree though.
3. Shovel
4. Several flash lights with batteries, pickup one of those mag light kits that have 3 flashlights in them. The smaller one is handy for holding in your teeth while working underneath in the dark. And on that note safety glasses :D
5. Spare serpbelt
6. Spare spark plugs
7. Small 12v air compressor and tire plug kit just in case.
8. 2ft x 12" x 2" thick piece of wood, in case you get a flat the jack can sit on it instead of sinking into the soft ground.
9. Good basic tool kit, 3/8" ratchet, box/open wrenches, screwdrivers, pliers, roll of GOOD duct tape. Ratchet straps, bungee cords. Extra fuses.
10. Plenty of water and a hose repair kit.
Put it all in a Rubbermaid action packer and tie it down to the tie down points in the back. There is alot of other stuff which is a good reason for going with others, that way you can split the load and not have triple of everything.

wow and I thought my CD case and sunglasses would be enough, oh ya and my colone too...oh well gotta start with that kit, thanks for all that info, and stuff, now all I have to do is just relax on the trail and enjoy the ride...

GQ'R

G.Q. Jeeper said:
wow and I thought my CD case and sunglasses would be enough, oh ya and my colone too...oh well gotta start with that kit, thanks for all that info, and stuff, now all I have to do is just relax on the trail and enjoy the ride...

GQ'R
One really important item, toilet paper...paper towels and hand wash....

Back