• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

injector upgrades ????????????

Big Bear

NAXJA Forum User
I have already done a search and didn't find what I was looking for. So hear go's.
I have a 97 4.0 Ho with a Borla header, Random tech cat, Spin tech Muffler, high flow cone filter, snorkel, Turbo City ported throttle body, Airraid spacer, 99 intake maifold, and a Jet chip. I also have a Turbo City map sensor ajustor that I do not have installed beacause I am not sure if it will work with my Jet chip.
Any how my question is would I gain any HP by doing new injectors? I need to know what injectors to use and if there would be any complications doing this mod? Would I use my map sensor ajuster and would it skrew with my Jet chip or OBD II computer?
Any help would be great!!!!
Thanx, Mike

The MAP adjuster works without any problem with the JET chip (I have both) but the OBD II system doesn't seem to like it. Your stock 23.3lb/hr injectors should still be providing enough fuel so you won't need oversize injectors yet. You could try relocating your IAT sensor to your cold air snorkel. When it senses cooler air, it'll tell the PCM to add a little more fuel and timing so you might gain a little more in performance.

Back