• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tranny Mount Bolt Question

Matthew K

NAXJA Forum User
Hello,
Last fall I changed my transmission mount on my 95 Sport (Auto). A couple months later, I had to take it to a shop so they could torque the two main bolts (one on either side of the mount) since there was some play and because I wasn't able to get them tightened down well enough without a lift. Well, the bolts are loose again. I've got some questions. First, my bolts are positioned such that they go up towards the Jeep with the nuts on the top. Should they be turned the other way, or does it matter? Also, I didn't replace my engine mounts at the same time because they weren't showing any wear. Should I replace these also so the torque is evenly distributed? Also, would it hurt to use some lock washers and lock-tite on the bolts to keep them from coming loose? Thanks for your help...

Matt

Back