• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Alignment after lift....

Royce

NAXJA Forum User
Ok... its now into the second week after my lift. I went 3.5" higher and 31's. They reason I am waiting for the alignment was I want to put on aftermarket lca's. I have a set of Rusty's sitting in the garage. I have noticed with the lift the trackbar is off and is pushing towards the drivers side. The drivers side wheel sticks out an extra inch. After I get the lca's on can i get it aligned? Or am I in need of other things on the front end? I wanna get this done asap so i dont rub down my new tire on the front passenger side like i did to last set. It was soem pretty wicked wear. TIA

-Royce

you need a HD panhard bar, or trackbar. Check out Tera or something similar. If you had to you could get a trackbar relocation bracket. If you are using the stock trackbar then that is your problem.

So either a new trackbar or brakcet is a must or it is optional.
Right now I just need to know what is a must to get this alignment done. Ill have the time and mula in a month or so for future upgrades.

You definitely need an adj, track bar. Just get the one from Rusty or search ebay or the NAXJA for sale ads. Someone is always adding to thier jeep, and you can pick one up fairly cheap. goodluck.

The only bad a really cheap way to fix your TB problem is to redrill the hole. I don't recomend this, but I know someone else probably would bring it up.

don't redrill the damn hole!!! Get an adjustable Trackbar for $100 and some change before you throw money at an alignment. Alignment is worthless if you are dogtracking down the road or running a custom staggered axle set as you are now. an alignment is 80 bucks unless you are a coupon clipper or the rack jockey does not know his chit. If you can afford an alignment you can afford a trackbar. A bracket relocation would be second, but eventually, with the transitive nature of xj lifts, you will end up with an adjustable trackbar anyway, get it overwith. If you need me to pass the virtual hat i will, id rather send you a buck to set you on your way then watch you trash your tires and etc on a poorly aligned lift that was not done right.

I don't have any funds to throw at a new tb, what about the brackets that they make to relocate them?

I know a guy at a garage and he said $38-$42 for my alignment... thats why I was thinking the bracket. Or I guess I could wait a few weeks. I just dont wanna trash my tires. Hopefully they wont wear to bad in a few weeks time.

Back