• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

89 XJ w/Peugot tranny back-up light quest?

gman

NAXJA Forum User
I would like to know where the back-up light switch is located on the 89 cherokee with a 4.0 liter engine manual transmission. I have removed the center console expecting to find it at the top of the tranny accessible through there. Unfortunately, I only found one half of a connection the mail portion, but no female portion to attach. I was wondering if this is the switch or if this was just an optional that was not applicable to my year and modle jeep.

I seem to remember it being on the lower side somewhere, it's got a two-wire lead going into it and a hex a little over an inch across. Watch for gear oil loss when you pull it out, and it's got a ball actuator for the switch (by way of a confirmation...)

For better info, I'd have to crawl under my 88 - but it's dark out there and I'm just taking a break from some C code...

5-90

Back