• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

YJ brake lines

Fozzy said:
Any specific year of brake needed to replace my stock ones up front? They just can't cut it any more wiht the new 8" lift.:)

Yer better off getting some new stainless lines mang...YJ lines weren't long enough for the flex on my 7+ lift. :D Shouldn't cost you much more than YJ lines anyway. ;)

I'm around 7" of lift & I'm running 92 chevy 2500 lines up front ... they are about 2" longer than 6" extended lines & way long enough for me. Running a 6" extended in the rear & it's plenty.

ECKSJAY said:
Yer better off getting some new stainless lines mang...YJ lines weren't long enough for the flex on my 7+ lift. :D Shouldn't cost you much more than YJ lines anyway. ;)

FYI, I've seen many braided stainless steel breaklines come apart on the trail, but I've never seen a stock brake line fail on the trail. I much prefer a long enough OEM brake line to a braided stainless.

On the YJ brake line, it doesn't matter, they're the same. The rear YJ brake line is also longer, and it's the same part number as a CJ.

Goatman,

quick question. The metal part that attaches to the caliper is a lot longer then the XJ version on the cables. I check out a 95 YJ brakeline and the metal part (I have no idea if they got a name for the actual metal piece that attaches to the caliper), is a lot longer. anyway the line I looked at had the same length of rubber hose as the XJ line that was on my truck.

Should I look for 88 YJ lines to slap on the 88 XJ front disc? Was their a change in caliper design and how it's mounted between the years?

Goatman said:
FYI, I've seen many braided stainless steel breaklines come apart on the trail, but I've never seen a stock brake line fail on the trail. I much prefer a long enough OEM brake line to a braided stainless.

Hey Richard, I'll find out where these are from. Bill sells them through his shop and they're friggin' hefty. I've seen the stainless ones come apart too, but these are much different. I have to find out who makes these.

Hey ECKSJAY :wave1: , Any update??? I'm also looking for longer front lines for a 93 XJ. Flex inspected my truck running 5 1/2", yesterday, & found the fronts stretched tighter than I'm comfortable with. Rear was replaced already

Thanks Rob

i just ordered a new YJ rear line for my xj with just under 5" lift.. 15 bucks... using it in conjuction with a drop bracket.... should be plenty long.

Back