• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hanson Bumper

Starboard M

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
OK, so I'm looking for a front bumper for my XJ. I want to buy one, instead of building one. I was looking at Hanson Enterprise. Does anyone have experiences with this company? How much do they cost? I don't really want to speand more then $600. On their web site they don't have a cherokee bumper listed, but I've seen pics of some. Are these prototypes? How are they mounted to the frame. I would also like to attatch a winch to it. Thanks for your help.
http://www.hansonenterprise.com/jeep.htm

I have one, and I like it a lot...great looking and plenty strong. But, there are some bumpers out there that seem to be just as good and cost a lot less.

It mounts to the factory bumper mounting holes, and comes with weld-on pieces that run further back along the rail and bolt up back there.

Pretty sure they used to have it on the website (I don't see it anymore), and they were selling production models. You might give them a call to see if they are still making them.

HTH.

Pat

For winch mount go check out the warn bumper as well as the custom4x4, both are pretty much well under $600....
With you being in calif shipping is not an issue, heck, you could drive down there one weekend and pick it up. OTOH from west coast to east coast it is and tacks on almost another $100. I'm going to look at the warn myself as I bought them for our TJ's and liked the construction, finish and price [$200ea].

Since it was mentioned, I'll just throw in that I really like my C4x4 bumper. The main reason I went with thiers was 1) the price, and 2) it mounts the winch low, so as not to block the radiator to much. The radiator thing may not be a big deal, but I wasn too keen on having a winch blocking off a buncha my grill.

Does anyone have pics of their bumpers? I would like a bumper that is low profile. The Warn bumpers that I was looking at were close to $600. The radiator blocking is not that big a deal. railroadjeep, do you have a website? Thanks

Those C-rok bumpers look sweet. Is that your jeep on the website? I'm a bit confused about the model. I wan the one that has the integrated winch. Also, what is the Inside plate?

If you can find somebody to build it locally you can come out ahead, shipping is a killer. I had one chrome bumper and two bumperettes shipped from AZ for the YJ a few months ago, the shipping was almost $90 for all three pieces. There are a few here that have built their own and have turned out really nice, thin, trim and low down winch mounts. Do a search on them. One guy even had unwelded kits of precut plates all set to weld for a good price as well as drawings for the bumper so you could do it yourself or have it done. Buying from a major supplier or shop can save you alot as the shipping gets alot cheaper vs buying over the internet. Shipping bumpers, spring packs and mounted wheels is like shipping rocks and is better done locally. I had priced the warn bumpers from quadratec which is 90mi south of me, 190.00 + tax and $59 shipping, got it locally at a local 4wheel drive shop for $200 even, rather have that $49 in my pocket than fedex's or UPS's...
BMJA has a dealer sponsor called County chrysler jeep, brian there does group purchases on almost anything and has some pretty good prices plus the BMJA discount. Just wish he was closer than the 70mi away they are.
I just did a couple of quick searches on that warn front bumper, whoowee, that puppy IS expensive and WTF are those $125 'extensions' for....

check out www.rigidco.com
terry is a great guy and the bumper i ordered is great...i haventn't installed it yet but the instuctions come in a binder and they are very detailed (8 color pages) took six days after ordering for it to arrive...$415.00 shipped for the winch bumper...

Starboard M said:
Those C-rok bumpers look sweet. Is that your jeep on the website? I'm a bit confused about the model. I wan the one that has the integrated winch. Also, what is the Inside plate?
Greg did put a couple pics of my XJ on his website. The inside plate is for re-inforcing the steering box mounting and replaces the aluminun spacer between the box and frame. Send him an e-mail and he can send you back some pics of the different models, basically flat top where the winch sits fully on top, and the low profile which I have where it sits down inside the bumper. He also did the custom towbar mounts for me to tow it behind my motorhome.

Are those dowl things where D rings would go for your tow bar? On yours do you have any shots of looking down on it? How has it held up? Are there any more mounting holes other then stock one the ridico and c-rok? More then the 6 holes stock?

IMO the Hanson bumper is the best looking bumper for the XJ bar none. The lines just flow right. They're not the cheapest, but they more than stout enough (I've had mine for close to 3 years, over many hard trails & even broke the housing on my warn 8000lbs winch without issue with the bumper). If you're looking for form & function I don't think the Hanson can be beat, although tastes vary.

Matt
hansonbumper.jpg

Starboard M said:
Are those dowl things where D rings would go for your tow bar? On yours do you have any shots of looking down on it? How has it held up? Are there any more mounting holes other then stock one the ridico and c-rok? More then the 6 holes stock?
Those pins are where the towbar attaches. Here's another pic http://community.webshots.com/photo/119177484/131577948jsHtRo
I haven't abused it too much yet, but it's taken a few good whacks, and survived being towed on Chicago area expressways. I'm not sure how many attaching points there are, but there are the long plates on each side of the frame rail, and another piece that goes between the factory mounting points, so yes, the mounting system is really beefy.

Just don't get beezil started....

The Hansons look really cool. The only thing that I don't like is how the winch looks added on. MC-92, that would be very nice, but I need to fit a bit bigger winch. Anyone else hace experience with the C-rok? I may be stepping into a mess, but beezil, why don't I want to get you started?

I don't have a site per se, but here's a pic of my C4x4 bumper.

Dont mind the dent, thats cause I didn't bolt the support plate in one day after working on something (installing that OBA fitting) and promptly went wheeling and had an encounter with a stump.
33%3A4974723232%7Ffp54%3Dot%3E232%3C%3D46%3C%3D934%3DXROQDF%3E23234%3C78863%3A%3Aot1lsi

It may not be as nice as that Hanson bumper, but I like it. It get's the job done, looks good, and didn't cost a whole lot.

Here's mine built by Ryan at www.RawBrown.com (Its not painted in the pictures, just a quick coat of primer)

bumper_004.jpg

bumper_005.jpg

bumper_001.jpg

Back